RECIPE :: Beet and Kale Chips – Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Beet and Kale Chips – Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 35 mins
3 beets, wash and scrubbed
1 bunch kale, stems removed and teared into pieces
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 325 F degrees and cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, cut the beet into very thin slices. They should curl slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss kale and beets with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Arrange on baking sheets and make sure they are not touching.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy or slightly brown. Watch carefully after the 15 minute mark, as they can burn quickly.
- Let completely cool before serving/packaging. Lasts up to one week in an airtight container (if they last that long. In my house they get eaten within 2 days)!
Nutrition Information (per ½ cup serving)
Calories 57 kcal | Fat 4 g | Protein 1 g | Carbohydrate: 5 g | Fibre 1 g | Sodium 379 mg
Adapted from Slender Kitchen
Watch my segment from Daytime York Region on Rogers TV!
Welcome, I'm Michelle! I'm a TV and digital media registered dietitian and Asian cuisine content creator based out of Hamilton, ON Canada!
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER
Sign up for my newsletter here and receive FREE Guide “10 High Protein, High Fibre Recipes to Help Fuel Your Day”