RECIPE: Sweet Potato Sandwiches
200g (4 x 50g) sweet potato cut into semi-thick pieces
6oz cooked chicken breast, sliced
Mozzarella cheese (4 slices – from block or pre-sliced)
Small handful of spinach
2 beef steak tomato slices
2 tsp BBQ sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Slice a sweet potato into 4 thick pieces to make the buns of the sliders. Helpful Hint: Pre-heat the slider buns in the oven for 8-10 minutes prior to assembling the slider. This ensures the buns are fully cooked before eating. Place on baking sheet to bake before!
- Cut mozzarella cheese into 4 slices, or use pre-sliced.
- On one sweet potato slice, add spinach, 1 tomato slice, 3oz chicken, mozzarella cheese pieces, 1 tsp BBQ sauce.
- Top with the other sweet potato slice and jam a toothpick all the way through the entire slider so that it pierces the sweet bun below.
- Repeat for the other slider.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 375F or until the sweet potato is cooked to desired firmness/softness.
Welcome, I'm Michelle! I'm a TV and digital media registered dietitian and Asian cuisine content creator based out of Hamilton, ON Canada!
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER
Sign up for my newsletter here and receive FREE Guide “10 High Protein, High Fibre Recipes to Help Fuel Your Day”