Savoury Almonds Recipe
Confession: I’m not a fan plain, raw nuts. It’s a #dietitianfail because they are the healthiest when in their natural, plain state. But I think it’s because of my Asian upbringing, I find they need more spice for my palette!
I’m always testing different ways to make them tastier. Lately I’ve had more of a salt tooth, so here is a savoury recipe I tried with almonds.
Almonds are great at curbing hunger. The fibre and protein will keep you full longer. There are many ways you can enjoy this recipe:
- Keep in your work drawer for in case you get hungry and need a 3 pm snack. It’s better than a drawer full of candy!
- Keep a small stash in your purse/briefcase. A small snack like this helps to curb hunger on the go. Keep them in a small bag or container.
- Feeling snacky at night? Munch on these instead of potato chips.
If you have more of a sweet tooth, I made a sweet version of the recipe. This one reminds me of one of my fav snacks: beer nuts! Except healthier ;). Check it out here: Roasted Cinnamon-Sugar Almonds.
Prep Time 5 mins | Total Time 5 mins | Serves 8
2 cups raw, unsalted almonds
1.5 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp red pepper flakes, pulsed in a spice grinder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp sriracha sauce or enough to taste
- Combine paprika, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and salt in a small bowl. Mix together.
- Heat canola oil in a pan on medium heat until hot.
- Add dry seasoning mix into pan with oil. Allow mixture to bubble and get hot.
- Toss almonds into pan. Stir until completely coated with seasonings. Keep almonds moving to avoid burning.
- Add sriracha sauce and mix together for about one minute.
- Pour almonds onto a plate. Allow to cool before serving.
- Once completely cool, can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Did you try this recipe? Did you like it? Comment below and let me know!
Welcome, I'm Michelle! I'm a TV and digital media registered dietitian and Asian cuisine content creator based out of Hamilton, ON Canada!