Roasted Cinnamon-Sugar Almonds
For those of you who prefer nuts that are sweet, I made a cinnamon-sugar almonds recipe. This is great if you have a sweet craving and want something healthier than chocolate or cookies!
The fibre and protein in the almonds will keep you full longer. The sugar will satisfy that sweet craving!
The egg white actually helps the sweet mixture stick to the almonds.
If you have a salt tooth and prefer a savoury version, check out my Savoury Almonds Recipe.
Prep Time 15 mins | Total Time 1 HOUR 15 mins | Serves 16
1 egg white
1 Tbsp cold water
4 cups whole, plain, unsalted almonds
1/3 cup white sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix sugar, salt and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg white. Add water. Beat until frothy. Add nuts. Stir until well coated.
- Add sugar mixture. Toss until well mixed.
- Pour almonds onto prepared baking sheet. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour in pre-heated oven until golden. Stir mixture every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and store in airtight container.
Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!
Welcome, I'm Michelle! I'm a TV and digital media registered dietitian and Asian cuisine content creator based out of Hamilton, ON Canada!