Vegan, Gluten-Free Lemon Cranberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Have you ever tried breakfast cookies?
They’re great for the busy fall mornings when you need a quick grab n’ go breakfast. As a non-morning person, these are perfect for me on those early TV morning show days when I have to run out the door!
These cookies are vegan, gluten free and nut free making them safe for schools.
Please note, these cookies do contain ground flaxseed as a substitute for eggs. I used dried cranberries in this recipe, but you are welcome to use other dried fruit you like.
Prep Time 10 mins | BAKE TIME 15 MINS | Total Time 25 mins | yIELD 12
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 2 1/2 Tbsp warm water
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats, gluten free if needed.
- 3/4 cups flour, gluten free or all purpose.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk (rice or oat)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsps lemon zest
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix ground flax with warm water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt.
- Add all wet ingredients (non-dairy milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon zest lemon juice). Mix until everything is combined. Add dried cranberries and mix.
- Using a ¼ cup scoop (a standard ice cream scoop works well), scoop the batter onto parchment paper. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Leave me a comment if you tried this recipe!
Welcome, I'm Michelle! I'm a TV and digital media registered dietitian and Asian cuisine content creator based out of Hamilton, ON Canada!
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER
Sign up for my newsletter here and receive FREE Guide “10 High Protein, High Fibre Recipes to Help Fuel Your Day”